CEO Confidential Memo: Middle Market, Board, President, C-Suite
TOP 10 LIST FOR GREATER SUCCESS IN 2017: Reveals Sustainable Growth expert and Speaker Gary W Patterson, the FiscalDoctor®
January 20, 2017 – Birmingham, United Kingdom and Atlanta, Georgia – International enterprise risk management (ERM) expert and speaker Gary W. Patterson’s article “CEO CONFIDENTIAL MEMO: TOP 10 LIST FOR GREATER SUCCESS IN 2017” is published by Risk & Compliance, a member of Financier Worldwide. https://riskandcompliancemagazine.com/ceo-confidential-memo-top-10-list-for-greater-success-in-2017
Through careful consideration of these issues and adapting these priorities to fit your organization, you will be positioned to overcome challenges to achieve greater growth and prosperity in the coming year. The executive summary of the top five issues in reverse order is:
(5) Cyber security remains a top issue. Most of us still cannot identify what we do not know about our level of almost-invisible, but ever-present risk.
(4) Board accountability, especially as it relates to NACD’s current Blue Ribbon Commission Report, ‘Building the Strategic-Asset Board’, is another top issues.
(3) Enterprise risk management (ERM) remains a top issue, since in many cases, this area still requires more support throughout all levels of the organization, rather than being limited to internal audit, the chief risk officer or external auditors.
(2) Because people are needed to execute your strategy or vision, people continue to be a top priority. The adage of getting the right people on the bus still holds true, however, in addition, leaders need to focus on the new destination of that bus and choose the people accordingly.
(1) Strategy remains the master point from which all other concerns emanate.
• The first nine issues above serve as checkpoints for the validity of a company’s strategy.
• What are ambiguous, soft or fluffy areas of your current or longer-term strategy?
• How sure are you that your people are engaged, understand the current strategy and the role they each play to support and implement it?
To discuss the full list, your situation, or how your votes differ, call Gary Patterson at 1-678-319-4739. Clients call him their FiscalDoctor® and just as every person needs a medical doctor; every organization needs a FiscalDoctor and periodic fiscal checkups. He also supports special projects for risk assessments, enterprise risk management (ERM), operational risk management (ORM), fiscal checkups, corporate governance, strategic planning updates, and strategic growth diagnostics.